What Did You Get For Christmas?
Hurricane got 5 new miles of purpose built mountain bike trail in the Quail Lake Reservoir area, bringing the total to 19 miles thus far.
OTE Hurricane has been designing and building trail in this area for 5 years and has created a master plan for the entire area. OTE Hurricane took on the project when Doug Wilson, an acquaintance of ours from the Water Conservancy District (WCD), contacted us and needed someone to design and build trails in the area around Quail Lake Reservoir. In order to meet the requirements that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) set forth in the RMP, recreation trails needed to be built to keep the land permanently deeded to the WCD.
- Rhythm & Blues was the first trail to be built with volunteers. This trail comes at you fast. So put your saddle down and be ready to ride BMX style.
- Rock & Roll was the second trail built with volunteers. Be ready for a circus ride. This trail goes from banked turn to banked turn, up and down, winding around hills and down gullies.
- Boy Scout Trails were built with an AmeriCorp Team. These trails will challenge your technical riding abilities from all angles. The trails are rocky and have lots of fun natural rock features on the trail, as well as challenging switchbacks and built to ride in wet conditions.
- Lakeside Trail is one the newest trails that we built with an AmeriCorp Team. We carved through some of the most brutal rocky terrain and made numerous rock bridges 6 feet or higher to cross washes. The ride is flowy with lots of twists and turns.
- Twist & Shout is also a new trail that connects the north and south parking areas together. This is a flowy trail. We want you to have fun on the way back to your car.
Come check the new trails out for yourselves and stop in at OTE Hurricane and tell us what you think. Stay tuned cause we will be building more sweet trail in this area.
Boy Scout Trail on YouTube!
Thanks to Photo John for the Images! Check out his portfolio here!